To become a Pharmacy Technician you must pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.You can go to Pharmacy Technician Training Schools and Complete the Pharmacy Technician course,or you can self-study Pharmacy Technician Course. We provide full online Pharmacy Technician Course Resource and online Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests to help you pass Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
Practice Exam Example:
Which of the following is not true regarding an interface?
C —An interface can be either uni- or bidirectional. A unidirectional interface is able to send data to another computer system but is unable to receive input back; bidirectional interfaces are capable of sending data back and forth.
This Online Practice Exam is for Chapter: Information System Usage and Application (REVIEW QUESTIONS)
Upon completion of Chapter 9, the pharmacy technician student will be able to
1. Do the following regarding the use of computers:
• Differentiate between the various types of computers.
• Explain the basic functions of a computer.
• Identify the two different types of software and their function.
• List the various types of computer input devices.
2. Discuss health information technology, including:
• Explain the benefits and risks involved with health information technology.
• Explain the purpose of health information standards.
• Identify organizations that have been involved in establishing standards for health information technology.
3. Define pharmacy informatics and do the following:
• Differentiate between e-prescribing and the electronic health record.
• Explain the functions of computerized physician order entry.
4. Define point of care.
5. Identify ways technology promotes the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
6. List principles used in pharmacy documentation.
7. Do the following regarding ambulatory pharmacy computer functions:
• List the four distinct types of databases that are found in a pharmacy database.
• Distinguish the various systems that a pharmacy computer will interface.
• Identify the various management functions performed by an ambulatory pharmacy computer.
8. List and explain the various patient monitoring functions found in a clinical decision support system, provide an example of a work list.
9. Explain the role of automation in the practice of pharmacy, including:
• List the advantages and disadvantages of both centralized and decentralized automation.
• Differentiate between a centralized and decentralized automation system.
10. List automation features that assist in reducing medication errors.
11. List the various technologies used in a pharmacy and their functions.