To become a Pharmacy Technician you must pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.You can go to Pharmacy Technician Training Schools and Complete the Pharmacy Technician course,or you can self-study Pharmacy Technician Course. We provide full online Pharmacy Technician Course Resource and online Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests to help you pass Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
Practice Exam Example:
What is the subscription on a prescription?
- A —The subscription on a prescription provides the pharmacist with special compounding instructions.
This Online Practice Exam is for Chapter: Medication Order Entry and Fill Process (REVIEW QUESTIONS).
Upon completion of Chapter 6, the pharmacy technician student will be able to
1. Recall the tasks a pharmacy technician may perform during the prescription filling process.
2. Explain the purpose and importance of a pharmacy policies and procedures manual.
3. Do the following regarding pharmacy language:
• Recall the meaning of the various medical and pharmacy abbreviations that may appear on a patient’s prescription,medication order, or patient profile.
• Discriminate between the various root words, prefixes, and suffixes that are used to create the medical terminology that pharmacy technicians may be exposed to in their practice of pharmacy.
• Explain the meaning of the various root words, prefixes, and suffixes used in medicine.
4. Discuss the prescription filling process, including:
• Name the methods by which a prescription may be presented in a pharmacy.
• Identify the different types of prescription or medication orders.
• Describe each step in the prescription filling process.
• List the required information on a prescription and medication order.
5. Name and explain the meaning of the various dispense as written (DAW) codes that are used in data entry.
6. Discuss the labeling process, including:
• Differentiate between the information required on the various types of labels.
• List the information that is required to be included on a repackaging log.
7. Explain unit-dose packaging procedures, including:
• Differentiate between expiration date and beyond-use dating.
• Identify the information required to complete a unit-dose log.
8. Discuss packaging requirements, including:
• Identify the various types containers used in filling prescription.
• Interpret the terminology associated with the various storage temperatures.
9. List the information contained in a patient product insert and the types of medication that require a patient product insert be provided to a patient.
10. Identify drug distribution systems and provide examples of automated dispensing systems.