To become a Pharmacy Technician you must pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.You can go to Pharmacy Technician Training Schools and Complete the Pharmacy Technician course,or you can self-study Pharmacy Technician Course. We provide full online Pharmacy Technician Course Resource and online Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests to help you pass Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
Practice Exam Example:
Which of the following is not a condition for a medication to be considered therapeutically equivalent?
- Can be administered by an approved route
- Same active ingredient
- Same dosage form
- Same strength or concentration
A — A therapeutic equivalent medication must contain the same active ingredient, the same dosage form, and the same strength or concen- tration and be administered by the same route. Although a medication may be approved to be administered by different routes, an inject- able solution administered intravenously is not therapeutically equivalent to the solution ad- ministered intramuscularly.
This Online Practice Exam is for Chapter: Pharmacology for Technicians (REVIEW QUESTIONS).
Upon completion of Chapter 1, the pharmacy technician student will be able to
1. List and describe the various systems of the human body and their function.
2. Define the terms pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and therapeutic equivalence.
3. Discuss the importance of recognizing drug interactions, problems, and pregnancy categories.
4. Recognize and recall how drug names are created and how their names can indicate usage.
5. Recognize the following for each drug classification and medication:
• Mechanism of action
• Medications within each classification
• Difference between each classification
• Brand and generic name
• The daily dosage, dosage forms, and route of administration
• Common side effects, allergic reactions, and therapeutic contraindications
6. Identify common vitamins, electrolytes, nutritional supplements, minerals, and over-the-counter medications.
Click Here to Study This Chapter Online (Shared Free PDF)