To become a Pharmacy Technician you must pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.You can go to Pharmacy Technician Training Schools and Complete the Pharmacy Technician course,or you can self-study Pharmacy Technician Course. We provide full online Pharmacy Technician Course Resource and online Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests to help you pass Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
Practice Exam Example:
The cost for a bottle of 100 test strips for a glucom- eter is $67.50. The overhead for the store is $3.50, and the store wants to make a net profit of $23.68. What should the selling price be?
Answer = $94.68. Add the cost of the test strips ($67.50) to the overhead costs ($3.50) to obtain the total cost ($67.50 + $3.50 = $71.00). To calculate the selling price, add the total cost and net profit together to obtain the selling price: $71.00 + $23.68 = $94.68.
This Online Practice Exam is for Chapter: Pharmacy Billing and Reimbursement (REVIEW QUESTIONS)
Upon completion of Chapter 8, the pharmacy technician student will be able to
1. Do the following regarding managed care:
• Define managed care, managed care organization, and pharmacy benefit management company.
• Identify the various types of reimbursement systems found in the various health care systems.
• Differentiate between the various types of managed care providers.
2. Explain the payment of prescriptions using health saving accounts, private plans, medication assistance programs, coupons, and self-pay.
3. Contrast Medicare and Medicaid.
4. Recognize the various pharmacy networks used today.
5. Discuss the various methods used in calculating the pricing and reimbursement of medications.
6. Discuss the various types of formulary systems used in managed care.
7. Explain online adjudication and the purpose of a National Provider Identifier number.
8. Do the following regarding prescription processing:
• List the information contained on a prescription card.
• Differentiate between the various dispense as written codes used in submitting third-party claims.
• Explain the role of prior authorization in online adjudication.
• Cite the various reasons why a prescription claim could be rejected.
9. Identify the various types of limitations used by manage care.
10. Identify various types of health care reimbursement services.
11. Contrast deductible and copay, and recall the various types of copayments.
12. Cite examples of cost containment practices.
13. Demonstrate comprehension in the calculation of overhead, gross profit, percent gross profit, percent net profit, markup, inventory, and turnover rate.