To become a Pharmacy Technician you must pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.You can go to Pharmacy Technician Training Schools and Complete the Pharmacy Technician course,or you can self-study Pharmacy Technician Course. We provide full online Pharmacy Technician Course Resource and online Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests to help you pass Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
Practice Exam Example:
What do the middle four numbers represent in an NDC number?
B —The first five numbers identify the drug man- ufacturer, the middle four numbers identify the drug product, and the last two numbers identify the packaging.
This Online Practice Exam is for Chapter: Pharmacy Law and Regulations (REVIEW QUESTIONS).
Upon completion of Chapter 2, the pharmacy technician student will be able to
1. Differentiate between pharmacy ethics and legislation affecting the practice of pharmacy.
2. Compare and contrast the role of a pharmacist and a pharmacy technician in the medication delivery process.
3. Do the following regarding pharmacy law:
• List individuals who have prescribing authority with medications.
• Identify legislation that has affected the practice of pharmacy and explain how it affects daily pharmacy operations.
• Differentiate between the information found on a prescription drug manufacturer’s labeling and over-the-counter (OTC) labeling.
• Differentiate between the various Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) forms used when dealing with controlled substances.
• Verify that a DEA number is valid.
• Discuss the regulatory requirements for dispensing controlled substances.
• State the conditions that medication does not need to be packaged in a child-resistant container.
• Express the importance of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990 (OBRA ‘90) and its impact on patient care.
• Discuss the importance of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and how it affects patient information.
4. Identify various restricted drug programs and the processes associated with each in the filling of prescriptions for that medication.
5. Discuss generic substitution, state-specific prescription transfer regulations, and the requirements of pharmacy record retention.
6. Discuss pharmacy standards, including:
• Explain the importance of United States Pharmacopeia (USP) <795> on nonsterile compounding.
• Identify pharmacy standards, including the importance of USP <797> and its impact on infection control.
7. Discuss the regulatory requirements for the handling and disposing of hazardous waste.
8. Explain facility, equipment, and supply requirements required by the states’ Boards of Pharmacy and identify required pharmacy resources.
9. Do the following regarding pharmacy regulatory agencies:
• List the various organizations that affect the practice of pharmacy and identify their roles in pharmacy.
• Explain the various types of drug recalls.
10. Discuss employee performance evaluation techniques.