PHARMACY TECHNICIAN REGISTRATION APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Requirements for Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration
Effective January 1, 2011, any person who wishes to work as a pharmacy technician in the State of Florida must register with the Board of Pharmacy. To register with the Board of Pharmacy, an applicant must submit the following items:
1. Pharmacy Technician Registration Application
2. $105.00 Fee ($50.00 non-refundable application fee, $50.00 registration fee, $5.00 unlicensed application fee)
3. Proof of completion of a board-approved pharmacy technician-training program.
Please read all application instructions before completing your application. Within 30 days of receipt of your application, the board office will notify you of the receipt of your
application, any required documents, and your status . In order to complete your application,please return the following with your application:
1) A copy of your U.S. social security card. The only acceptable social security cards are those issued by the Social Security Administration. A card that is not valid for employment is NOT acceptable. The following are the only types of cards that will be accepted:
a) A social security card that shows your name and social security number only, or
b) A social security card that shows your name and social security number with the legend, “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION.”
To obtain more information, or to apply for a social security number and card, you may contact the Social Security Administration at (800) 772-1213 or www.socialsecurity.gov
, or you may visit your local office.
2) Social Security form (enclosed).
Source from: Florida Board of Pharmacy