PHARMACY TECHNICIAN REGISTRATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This application should be completed by applicants who want to become Maryland Registered Pharmacy Technicians in accordance with Maryland Health Occupation (HO) laws §12-6B-01 – 14.
• Complete the attached Maryland Board of Pharmacy’s Application for Pharmacy Technician Registration.
• Submit the completed application with all attachments and a check or money order made payable to the Maryland Board of Pharmacy in the amount of $ 45.00 to: Maryland Board of Pharmacy, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215.
NOTE: Your application will be good for one year from the date received by the Board. If you wish to obtain a registration and have not met all criteria within one year, you must resubmit an application and the applicable fees.
• Request a State of Maryland Criminal History Record Report from the Criminal Justice Information System (“CJIS”) and provide the report to the Board.
NOTE: Your application will not be processed until the Board receives your completed CJIS report. Please review the in-depth CJIS instructions located on the Board’s website at http://www.dhmh.maryland.gov/pharmacy by clicking on the “Technician” tab and opening the Word document under general information.
• Nationally Certified Applicants must submit evidence of current certification by a national pharmacy technician certification program (legible true photocopy of the certificate).
• Non-Nationally Certified Applicants must submit evidence of completion of a Board-approved pharmacy technician training program that include 160 hours of work experience (including the signature of the registrar, pharmacy trainer, and/or pharmacy manager) and evidence of having passed a Board-approved technician examination (legible photocopy of documentation showing program completion and a passing score).
• Reciprocity Applicants must submit evidence of registration in another state under requirements similar to the registration requirements in Maryland (legible true photocopy of state registration) and a letter of good standing from the state Board in the state(s) of current registration. If your state does not require registration/licensure of pharmacy technicians with the board of pharmacy, you must submit a Pharmacy Work Experience Affidavit ( Attachment 1) completed by the pharmacist under whom you worked as a pharmacy technician for at least six months preceding the pharmacy technician application date to the Maryland Board of Pharmacy.
• All applicants must be currently enrolled in high school, be a high school graduate, or have a GED.
• If you are interested in volunteering for the Emergency Preparedness Task Force, please visit http://dhmh.maryland.gov/pharmacy/SitePages/emergency-preparedness-information.aspx for more information and/or email MDresponds.email@example.com to register.
NOTE: Please allow four to six weeks for processing of your application.
NOTE: The application fee is a non-refundable, administrative fee.
Source from: Maryland Board of Pharmacy