PHARMACY TECHNICIAN REGISTRATION
* Complete the application for registration and include a passport quality photo
* Provide proof of High School Diploma or GED
* Provide copy of Certified Pharmacy Technician Certificate (CPT) if presently certified. Certification must be obtained before first renewal by successful completion of PTCB or ExCPT exam.
* Complete the affidavit and application questionnaires w/notary where indicated
* Place proof of HS graduation, CPT certificate if presently certified, the completed application, affidavit questionnaire, application questionnaire AND appropriate NON-REFUNDABLE
fees ($50 registration fee and $40 background check fee – money orders or business checks only. NO personal checks) in a postage paid envelope – not provided (In April 2011, postage was $1.25 for the completed packet) and take it with you to be fingerprinted.
* You must be fingerprinted on a white and blue FD-258 card by an agency of your choice (local police, sheriff, department of public safety, human resource dept., etc). These
agencies should use this card. If they do not have the FD-258, contact the Board and we will send one to you to take to the agency. You are responsible for any fees associated
with the fingerprinting. The verification form must be completed by the person taking the fingerprints.
By request of the FBI, ask the person who took the fingerprints to place the completed fingerprint card and verification form in the postage paid return envelope you provide along with completed Pages 1, 2, 3 and fees. Have them seal the envelope and drop it in the mail to our office. THE COMPLETED FINGERPRINT CARD SHOULD NOT BE RETURNED TO YOU.
If you have EVER been arrested, you MUST answer YES on the questionnaire and include an explanation. Falsification of your application for registration (including partial falsification and/or giving information that is misleading) constitutes grounds for IMMEDIATE DENIAL of your application to obtain a Mississippi Pharmacy Technician registration.
Background checks are Nationwide and consistently reveal information not contained in local background checks. If denied issuance for any reason, you will not be allowed to reapply for one (1) year following denial. Also, in some cases, you may be restricted from ever reapplying with the MS Board of Pharmacy for Registration as a Pharmacy Technician.
Source from: Mississippi Board of Pharmacy